Publicado el 16 de febrero de 2018 | por mundohr0
NME Awards 2018
Estrella Galicia is, for the very first time, the official beer for the NME Awards organized by the specialist music magazine NME, a music reference in the UK. It is also the sole sponsor of the Estrella Galicia category for Best Track.
On Tuesday 14 February, our brand Estrella Galicia became, for the very first time ever, the official beer for the exclusive NME Awards held in the UK. The event brings together internationally famous and award winning stars such as Muse (Best Festival Headliner), Kasabian (Best Live Artist), Craig David and Bastille (Best Collaboration) and many other celebrities such as Naomi Campbell and Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Game of Thrones).
We shared our passion for beer with the 2,000 people who got together at the emblematic O2 Brixton Academy in London to present the prizes to international music stars for the great work they have done throughout 2017, and we were also at the VIP parties before and after the awards ceremony, with bars and taps to train and educate on serving beer and also to enjoy our beer.
The Best Track supported by Estrella Galicia went to Charlie XCX for her track “Boys”. Another of the evening’s protagonists was Liam Gallagher, who not only won the special NME “Godlike Genius” award, but delighted the public with a number of famous Oasis and some solo hits. There were also performances by Alt-J (Best British Band), Pale Waves, Stefflon Don (Best New Artist) and Skepta.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Best British Band – Alt-J
- Best British Solo Artist – Loyle Carner
- Best New Artist – Stefflon Don
- Best Live Artist – Kasabian
- Best Track – Charli XCX, ‘Boys’ –
- Best International Band – Haim
- Best Mixtape – Avelino, ‘No Bullshit’
- Best Album – J Hus ‘Common Sense’
- Best Collaboration – Craig David and Bastille, ‘I Know You’
- Best Festival – Glastonbury
- Best Film – Baby Driver
- Best Music Video – The Big Moon, ‘Sucker’
- Under The Radar Award – Pale Waves
- Best Festival Headliner – Muse
- Best International Solo Artist – Lorde
- NME Icon – Shirley Manson
- NME Innovation Award – Boy Better Know
- Godlike Genius – Liam Gallagher
- Best Book – Wiley, Eskiboy
- Best TV Show – Stranger Things 2
- Best Reissue – Radiohead, ‘OK Not OK’
- Best Small Festival – Festival Number 6
- Music Moment of The Year – One Love Manchester
- Best Music Film – Gaga: Five Foot Two
- Hero of the year – Ariana Grande
- Villain of the year – Piers Morgan